#Winning and Success: Beyond School and Snapchat
Education Day- Onsite program.
Applying for college is a highly competitive and complicated process, from career focus discernment to selecting the educational institution, financial concerns, standardized test readiness and developing the communication strategies to best represent yourself in writing and in person.
This one-day workshop will focus on the academic discernment process, developing a strong resume and personal statement, interview skills, and the power of social media -both negative and positive impact.
After a morning session with experts in the field of education and communication, students will have the opportunity to apply the concepts in practical exercises demonstrating the different skill sets.
We look forward to working with you to make this journey a success!
- THIS IS A FREE PROGRAM SPONSORED BY THE INSTITUTE OF HISPANIC CULTURE OF HOUSTON.
- BREAKFAST SNACKS AND LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED.
- PARKING IS AVAILABLE ONSITE AND ON THE STREET.
- All participants are required to bring a signed copy of the Authorization form you will receive after registration through Eventbrite. The Parental Authorization form is required for Minors under 18 years of age.
- Please send the link to a one-minute video of introduction by Thursday, November 5 to: email@example.com
- Please bring a tablet/smartphone for videos.
George Santos, M.D. Program coordinator, community leader, IHCH Board Member.
Escarle Silva. Businesswoman, IHCH Board President.
Andrew Harper, M.D. Clinical Professor, A & M College of Medicine.
Rita Garza. Consultant, Communication expert.
Carmen Herrada. Consultant, Leadership Advisor, IHCH Board Member.
Mayte Weitzman. Marketing executive. IHCH Board Member.
*Limited seats available to comply with social distancing requirements.